Divorce is a major life event and can be stressful. At Scroggins Legal we prepare you and your family for the entire process from beginning to end and help find the most respected professionals who may assist on your case with issues ranging from finance to mental health and wellness.
Scroggins Tip #1: Do not hit send. Too often people are led into battle over text and social media messages.
What to expect in a divorce or family law case
Temporary orders issued by the court direct how money, property, childcare and support will be divided during the divorce or family law case. The details contained in temporary orders can be the agreement of the parties or the decision of the judge when the parties can not agree.
Child custody and visitation is called conservatorship and possession or access in Texas. There are standard possession schedules that many families use to fairly divide parenting time with children.
Scroggins Tip #2: If you can get along with the other parent about periods of possession and access, you do not need to use the standard possession schedule unless there is conflict and you need the standard possession schedule.
Mark Scroggins is Board-Certified and highly rated by peers and the community
Mr. Scroggins has a 10.0 Avvo rating, has been selected to Super Lawyers every year since 2014 and is Board-Certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Why Board-Certification matters
Your divorce does not have to be a long and drawn out battle and we understand exactly why people worry about their case becoming the trial of the century. With more than 20 years of experience in high conflict divorce, Mark Scroggins and the family lawyers at Scroggins Legal are skilled at containing the litigation process and keeping focused on the important issues that matter to your family the most.
Scroggins Tip #3: Know when to walk away from a fight. Keeping focused on your long-term objectives takes strategy and trusting your family lawyer during the process.
When you hire the best family lawyer you can find, the way your case is handled is well. Here are some testimonial statements from clients who recommend Mark Scroggins on his Avvo page:
- “In the end everything went exactly as he said it would. Even the opposing party agreed with Mark’s solution! Hopefully I will not need his services again, but if I do I will not hesitate to call.”
- “Scroggins communicates well and has even helped me keep myself together. Everyone in his office is very nice. I highly recommend him to anyone in need of a family attorney.”
- “Mark represented my husband and I few years ago during a nasty case with his ex. He was impressive before the judge to say the least. He handled all responses with tough professionalism and lead us to a smooth and timely conclusion after several months of headaches with a previous attorney.”
- “A very stressful situation for more reasons than I care to divulge was made much simpler by a knowledgeable and efficient law firm. I was given all the tools necessary from the start and all the info was top notch and accurate.”
- “If there’s any chance your divorce could become contentious, you need strong, experienced counsel. In retaining Mark Scroggins, I had all that and more. He was direct, honest, strategic, always prepared, responsive and ever adaptive to whatever came our way during my divorce.”
Call Scroggins Legal in Plano, Texas to schedule a consultation by dialing (469) 626-5220 or contact us by email today.
Less Than 1.5% Of All Attorneys In The State Of Texas Are Board Certified Family Law Specialists!
We have 20+ years of experience and we’ve gained a reputation for positive results and demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction. We offer both tough and compassionate representation; we can make a positive difference in both your life, and lives of those of you care for. No case is too complicated for us to handle; no dispute is too difficult for us to resolve. At Scroggins Legal, we are here for you and your family.
The decision to divorce is not an easy decision, and our attorneys understand this, and we will do everything we can to help you navigate the legal process during this difficult time. If you are considering divorce, or have been served with divorce papers, we provide you with the guidance and support you need in order to to protect your rights – and your investment in your marriage. Look to us for legal skills that can bring you peace of mind.
MARK L. SCROGGINS
Mark L. Scroggins is board certified in family law, and is an experienced & aggressive trial lawyer with a deep understanding of the business of your family.